Summertime means hot days, warm nights, and fresh apricots! Our "Apricot Fields" black tea is made with the natural extract of sun ripened Armenian apricots.
Here's a great iced tea recipe to help cool those poolside barbecues and those hot days at the beach.
APRICOT FIELDS ICED TEA
- Alvin's Apricot Fields Black Tea
- Raw Sugar (optional)
- A Kettle of Boiled Water
- 2-4 Round Lemon Slices
- 1 Ripe Apricot (sliced)
- Fresh Mint (to garnish)
- Large Pitcher
- Boil a kettle of water.
- Steep: Steep 1teaspoon of Alvin's Apricot Fields Black Tea to 1 cup of boiled water. Let it steep for about 15 minutes. Filter out the tea leaves. You'll be left with a very dark, strong reduction of Apricot Fields Black Tea.
- Place the tea reduction in the fridge and let it cool for about an hour.
- Sweetener: You can decide how sweet to make this iced tea. We recommend about 2-5 heaping teaspoons of raw brown sugar but this recipe is just as good without any sugar. Pour the sugar in a heat safe cup and pour enough hot water to cover the sugar and dissolve it by stirring. You'll be left with a sweet simple syrup. Use this to sweeten the Iced tea to taste.
- Fill a pitcher about half way with ice.
- Pour the chilled reduction into the pitcher over the ice. (Make sure the reduction is cold or your ice will melt!)
- Add the lemon and apricot slices.
- Fill the pitcher to the top with cold water.
- You can either sweeten the tea in the pitcher by pouring in the simple syrup, or your guests can sweeten each cup to taste.
- Garnish your pitcher & Cup with some fresh mint and enjoy.
Hint: You can make this as strong or as light as you like by using more or less tea leaves in the reduction. If you make it too dark you can always pour some out and fill with more cold water.
Buy Apricot Fields Black Tea Here!
Like this recipe? Be Sure to follow us on Facebook, and keep checking into our blog for more!
© Alvin's Coffees & Teas - Alvin's of San Francisco LLC - www.alvinsofsf.com